Thursday, December 20, 2012

There's Still A Bit Of Day 9 Left!

I knew going in to this 12 days of Christmas cheer thing that it was going to be tough to get a post done every day. However, I thought at worst I would miss 1. Here we are though on Thursday and this is only post #2 this week. It's been so busy at work, home and church this last 2 weeks that I think I'm running on adrenaline at this point. But, that being said, it's better to be busy than have nothing to do!

I have no doubt though that those of you who do read this on a regular basis have been able to find and make your own Christmas cheer without me so I'm not too worried.

All that being said, it's now day 9 and there are only 5 full days left until Christmas comes and quickly goes. Time sure flies when you're having Christmas fun right? My wife pointed out the other day that she was disappointed that we haven't watched any Christmas movies yet. No Elf, A Christmas Story, Miracle on 34th Street, It's A Wonderful Life, White Christmas (although, that's barely a Christmas movie if you ask me), Home Alone (yes, I consider that more of a Christmas movie than the previous one mentioned). We did manage to watch Frosty The Snowman and Rudolph The Red-nosed Reindeer though so at least we got those in. However, I did miss the cartoon version of the Grinch and a Charlie Brown Christmas.

I know what some of you are thinking, "You can watch those anytime, what's the big deal?" That's where you're wrong my friend. I'm a purist. Christmas movies are for Christmas time. That's what makes them special!

With Christmas movies on my mind, and after re-watching the clip from Elf that I posted, I've decided to link some of my favorite scenes from some of my favorite movies. If I can't watch the whole thing, at least I can get some of it in right?

First up, my all-time favorite movie, "A Christmas Story". Here's a little Fa Ra Ra Ra.


Next up, my all-time favorite movie, "Elf". Wait, I already said that didn't I?

And finally, for you nostalgic types, "It's A Wonderful Life"


No comments:

Post a Comment