Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Day 6/7

I guess the title of today's post makes it pretty clear that I missed yesterday. I had a couple of reasons though. One, I flew to Dallas early yesterday morning and didn't have any time to write until I got on the plane on the way back and by the time I got home and settled, the blog was the last thing on my mind. The other reason, and the much more legitimate one was the fact that in the light of the events of last Friday in Newtown it seemed a bit incongruous to spread cheer.

That being said, I'm clearly no theologian, sociologist or journalist so there's nothing I can really add to the already existing conversation that will shed any new light or find some sort of meaning to what happened anyway. And even if I did, It's unlikely that I could say it any better than the professionals mentioned above. So, I'll leave it to the many commentators who have already taken to the airwaves and pulpits across America to discuss.

Instead I'll try to do what I intended to do when I started the Christmas cheer email last year and that, of course, is to spread some cheer. I hope this clip makes you smile today.

Try to enjoy this final week before Christmas and continue to pray for those in Newtown and do good for somebody in your community this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment